The Word Process is a ten-year partnership between two long-time women journalists and writers. Both published book authors, we have written everything from Web material to television/radio scripts to news stories to long reports. We have also addressed a variety of audiences from stakeholders to children. We have considerable developmental editing experience and can cut through jargon to make complicated material comprehensible to lay audiences.
• Book editing, including Kitty Kelly’s OPRAH and Andrew Britton’s THE AMERICAN
• The online Guide to Hunting at National Wildlife Refuges
• Special Report on Delivering Quality Visitor Experiences for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
• National Wildlife Refuge System Coloring Book
• Web blog on writing
• Special FWS newsletter on transportation
• National Association of County Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Directors (NACBHDD) newsletter, http://www.nacbhdd.org/publications/november_2001.cfm
• Voice of America radio reports on international economics
• Department of Health and Human Services Interagency Task Force Report to the President on Children’s Health Insurance andReport to Congress on Telemmedicine
• Union College student recruitment video
• Careers for Today & Tomorrow in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration video, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute
• EV Motors CD Rom, Johns Hopkins University
• National Institute on Drug Abuse news releases
As published authors, we deliver a level of quality that most government and business writer/editors do not. We are meticulous about the work we do. We write with clarity, pay attention to detail and avoid jargon. We are adept at taking technical material and making it understandable to lay audiences. When editing, we re-organize material, smooth out awkward sentences, and ensure that meaning is clear, as well as correct punctuation and grammar. Because our background is journalism, we are used to meeting strict deadlines and to working under pressure. We can deliver quickly.
Who we are:
An Emmy-award winner, Molly McKitterick has reported at television stations in St. Louis and Washington, as well as worked as economics correspondent at the Voice of America and in the Communications Branch at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Her first novel, THE MEDIUM IS MURDER, was the first American entry ever to win the Suntory Award for Mystery Fiction in Japan. The London Times called it "crime novel of the year." Her short stories have appeared in The Northern Virginia Review.
Linda Cashdan worked at the Voice of America for more than three decades as an economics correspondent, features writer, and on-air radio broadcaster. She has ghostwritten several books and had freelance articles published in Redbook, the Washington Post, and Washingtonian Magazine. Her second novel, IT’S ONLY LOVE was a selection of the Book-of-the-Month Club, which dubbed it “The best love story of the summer.”
While there are only two of at The Word Process, we serve clients all over the country through the Internet with a concentration in the D.C. metro area where we are located. We take credit cards through Pay Pal.
Contact: Molly McKitterick
1842 Ingleside Terrace, NW
Washington, DC 20010
Phone: 202 986 21616
Cell: 202 390 0028
NAICS: 711510, 512110, 512290, 519130, 519110
CAGE Code: 3MOG3